Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Top Math YouTube Channel

I found this "Top Math YouTube Channel" tool very interesting, and potentially very useful for math teachers, or tutors. This tool shows students how to do certain studies of math, and shows it step by step on a YouTube video. I actually watched a couple of these videos, and I really think if I had videos to watch like this in middle school and in high school, I would have done much better in math, and understood the concepts better. For younger kids, just saying the word YouTube, makes them more interested in what they are learning about because its a fun program to run. I would like to watch videos like this, rather than watching my teacher lecture up in front of class for 50 minutes, or write math problems on the white board and have them solve them while you sit and watch. I think many students would tend to agree, they think they know the concepts or how to do problems while their teacher is explaining it to them, however, I think many students when they go to do the homework by themselves, they forget how to do what the teacher taught them that day, or do it incorrectly. This YouTube mathematics channel could help kids see problems in front of them while they try and do their homework by themselves, it would serve as an example for them. 
From a teachers standpoint, I would also think this would be kind of a fun task to experiment with, and see how your kids like it, and see how it easy it would be to create one of these videos and upload them to YouTube for your students to see. 

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, I agree that having this available could make learning math much easier, especially when the teacher is not around. You should make your link (user friendly, not url) to the actual tool, not the blog where you found out about the tool. Also keep in mind that you need a minumum of 300 words for each blog post.

    ReplyDelete